Nikki lives in Duluth, MN with her husband, two daughters, one cat, and a siberian husky. When she’s not writing or knitting, she’s spending time outdoors on one of the many trails throughout Duluth, or exploring the shores of Lake Superior.
- I have five years of experience proofreading novels.
- I have proofread over 3000 pages of transcripts.
- My experience with transcripts includes medical, technical, construction, insurance, claims, and hearings.
- I’m a volunteer proofreader for Project Gutenberg. I compare scanned pages to OCR text to resolve errors according to the website’s style guide.
- I write and publish my novels as an independent author.
- In previous roles, I have proofread website copy, brochures, and ads; written and prepared social media posts and blog posts; maintained websites; and written and managed email campaigns.
- Courses from the Editorial Freelancers Association:
- Proofreading 101
- Proofreading 201
- Copyediting: Beginning
- Copyediting: Intermediate
- Copyediting: Fiction
- Completed Transcript Proofreading: Theory and Practice course from Proofread Anywhere
- Studied Court Reporting: Bad Grammar/Good Punctuation by Margie Wakeman Wells and completed all exercises in accompanying workbook
- Bachelor’s degree in English and Spanish from the University of Minnesota Duluth
- Volunteer writing tutor in college tutoring center
- Paper grader for a remedial writing class. Highlighted spelling and grammar errors
- Copy editor for college newspaper
- Member of Literature Guild. We edited and published a magazine each semester