Nikki Bollman is the author of the Dragons of Arethia trilogy and several short stories. She is an independent publisher and blogs about indie publishing at nikkibollman.com.
Nikki lives in Duluth, MN with her husband, two daughters, one cat, and a siberian husky. When she’s not writing or knitting, she’s spending time outdoors on one of the many trails throughout Duluth, or exploring the shores of Lake Superior.
- I have five years of experience proofreading novels.
- I have proofread over 3000 pages of transcripts.
- My experience with transcripts includes medical, technical, construction, insurance, claims, and hearings.
- I’m a volunteer proofreader for Project Gutenberg. I compare scanned pages to OCR text to resolve errors according to the website’s style guide.
- I write and publish my novels as an independent author.
- In previous roles, I have proofread website copy, brochures, and ads; written and prepared social media posts and blog posts; maintained websites; and written and managed email campaigns.
- Courses from the Editorial Freelancers Association:
- Proofreading 101
- Proofreading 201
- Copyediting: Beginning
- Copyediting: Intermediate
- Copyediting: Fiction
- Completed Transcript Proofreading: Theory and Practice course from Proofread Anywhere
- Studied Court Reporting: Bad Grammar/Good Punctuation by Margie Wakeman Wells and completed all exercises in accompanying workbook
- Bachelor’s degree in English and Spanish from the University of Minnesota Duluth
- Volunteer writing tutor in college tutoring center
- Paper grader for a remedial writing class. Highlighted spelling and grammar errors
- Copy editor for college newspaper
- Member of Literature Guild. We edited and published a magazine each semester